Leh Ladakh is a wonderland for all. The region has so much to offer to its visitors. The high altitude lakes and rivers, the snow covered mountains, the dramatic valleys, the rare flora and fauna, the serene monasteries, the quaint villages and the stunning landscapes make Leh Ladakh a must visit destination. The beautiful places one can visit when on a trip to Leh Ladakh are:
- Shanti Stupa, Leh
- Leh Palace
- Alchi Monastery
- Magnetic Hill
- Khardungla Pass
- Pangong Tso Lake
- Nubra Valley
- Indus and Zanskar River ‘Sangam’
- Ladakh Handicraft Shopping Point
The weather in Leh Ladakh during the three seasons
Leh Ladakh in summers: The summer is the best time to witness the grandeur of Leh Ladakh. In Leh Ladakh, the summer season begins from April and lasts till June. The temperature during summer typically ranges between 20-degree Celsius and 30-degree celsius. The clear skies and melted snow during the summer makes the trip a memorable experience.
Leh Ladakh in Winters: As the region of Leh Ladakh is located at High altitude, the winters are the longest season of the area. In Leh Ladakh, the winter season lasts for five to six months starting from October and lasting till March. The temperature during the winter season might get down to -20 degree celsius. During winters you can see the frozen lakes and rivers, snow-capped mountains and alluring beauty all around.
Leh Ladakh in Monsoon: Monsoons are the least preferred time to visit Leh Ladakh. However, adventure lovers and nature enthusiasts, who can brace the rains in the mountains can surely visit during monsoons. The monsoon season begins in the last week of June and lasts till September. The temperature in the monsoons ranges between 15-degree Celsius and 25-degree celsius.
Few Points to Keep in Mind for Leh Ladakh Tour
- Kindly do not throw garbage here and there. Be an environmentally conscious traveller and keep your surroundings neat and clean.
- Kindly minimize the usage of plastic and plastic materials. And if you have to use it, then dispose of it in a proper manner.
- Kindly refrain yourself from consumption of any kind of toxic substance or alcohol. Along with it kindly avoid smoking as well. It may cause a hindrance in your Leh Ladakh trip.
- Kindly get any kinds of permits required before the commencement of the trip. So as to have a hassle free trip to Leh Ladakh.
- It is advised that you take care of your own baggage. No one will be responsible to look out for your baggage.
- As you will be travelling to a high altitude place. It is advised that you must keep yourself hydrated at all times to avoid any unforeseen circumstances.
- As Leh Ladahk is a cold place, it is advised that you should always carry proper warm clothes with you on your trip irrespective of the time you are travelling. As the temperature can drop any time.
- It is advised that you should always carry all the important medicines along with few basic medicines with you at all times. The basic medicines that you might require during the Leh Ladakh tour are the medicines for mountain sickness, motion sickness and few other common situations.
- It is advised that you should carry all the necessary documents required and present it to authorities when asked to do so. The documents that one should carry for the Leh Ladakh tour are voter id, driving license, passport size photo and other necessary one documents .
- It is advised that you should get yourself acclimatized properly so as to avoid the risk of any kind of health hazard as the region you are visiting is a high altitude mountain sickness prone zone.
Must have things for Leh Ladakh Trip
- Waterproof gloves
- Portable charger
- Camera and extra batteries
- Small bottle of shampoo
- Facial mist
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Toilet paper
- Waterproof windbreaker
- Pair of woollen gloves
- Down jacket
- Warm hat
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Cameras with extra battery and memory cards
- Lip balm
- First aid box
- Flashlight with extra batteries- as there are high amount of power cuts in Leh Ladakh
- body wipes, face wipes and hand wipes
- Thermal inner wears
- Thermal inner pants
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Fleece jacket
- Pair of woolen socks
- Sun cap
- Gears such a tent and sleeping bag
- Trekking shoes and trekking pole- are a must