A picturesque island, Langkawi is known for its surreal beauty, lush green environs and pristine beaches. It is one of the top travel destinations in Asia. This is also known as “Jewel of Kedah” , Langkawi is all about nature, natural beauty and beaches and party destination. Some of the best things to do in Langkawi are to enjoy water sports like parasailing and jet skiing here. One can also go island hopping here. Nature lovers are in for a treat and can take a Mangrove tour at Kilim Karst Geoforest Park. Langkawi is a small island so 4-5 days would be enough to cover whole Langkawi.
Rental cars and bikes are the best medium to visit all tourist attractions with very reasonable cost, making it to easy to cover main island with fun with your way to wonder any destination.
Langkawi is a duty-free destination. There are various shopping centres over the island which are worth a visit if you want to spend some time out of the sun and in a cool air conditioned mall scouting out bargains.
What is the best time to visit Langkawi
Well if you like to follow the high tourist season, the best time to visit Langkawi is between January to March. Because this is the dry season when there is virtually no rain and you get whole day of bright sunshine with warm temperature. However , if you are planning to visit apart from this season that is also fine but you may not be able to experience the full island with joy.
How to reach Lagkawi
Langkawi as a destination situated in the Malaysia and having well connectivity throughout the world with all major airlines company who operates their good number of aircraft here. Chances are there that you will not find direct connectivity from some of your places but via flights are also available with very less layover which helps you to make your journey more comfortable.
Places to visit in Langkawi
- Dataran Lang : Dataran is also known as Eagle Square, is one of the most known manmade attraction visiting by the visitors, is a large sculpture of an eagle poised to take fly.
- Langkawi Sky Bridge : Langkawi Sky Bridge is a 125-metre curved pedestrian cable-stayed bridge in Malaysia, completed in 2005. The bridge deck is located 660 metres above sea level at the peak of Gunung Mat Cincang on Pulau Langkawi, the main island of the Langkawi archipelago in Kedah.
- Langkawi Cable Car : The Langkawi Cable Car, also known as Langkawi SkyCab, is one of the major attractions in Langkawi Island, Kedah, Malaysia. It provides an aerial link from the Oriental Village at Teluk Burau to the peak of Gunung Machinchang, which is also the location of the Langkawi Sky Bridge
- Underwater World : this is manmade aquarium with large number of marine living animals which you can enjoy as 3D theater.
- Pantai Cenang Beach : This is the busiest beach town in the Langkawi Island and most visited beach in the Langkawi. Here you can enjoy the foods and drinks on beach side with good number of sea food items.